Wednesday 5 October 2011

Jodie Marsh

So, it has been all over the news and the internet over the last couple of days - Jodie Marsh and her new body.


I'm pretty sure most people who hear her name think of the sort of attractive girl, big cans, always in some kind of meaningless competition with Katie Price, usually pretty much naked in public. Good body by most people's standards - in proportion (except for those massive boobs. Although to be fair, they aren't as bad as some) and sexy, if you like that sort of thing.


Apparently this whole time she has secretly hated her body, and described herself as 'flabby, fat and full of cellulite'.


Yep. Huge. Disgusting... Bet if you poked her she'd wobble for days.

Over the past 2 months or so, Jodie has been eating 15 egg whites a day and protein shakes - as she's a vegetarian she can't eat the usual bodybuilder diet of fish and chicken. She's been working out a fair bit too I'd say... And now looks like this.

Wowzers.

Now, I'd say she's had some pretty mixed reactions here, but the majority of them are something along the lines of 'What the FUCK have you done to yourself you mad crazy bitch?!'.

My first thought upon seeing the picture was similar to be honest. But then I read the article that accompanied it. 

Her self-confidence was so low previously that she hated herself and apparently went for 2 years without sex. That is a long old time to go, can safely say the longest I've been without it since I started doin' it was about 4 months. 2 YEARS?! Poor girl. That must have sucked, big time. Apparently men were never interested in her - I think I speak for most of us when I say Jodie, most men would have had a go on you to be honest. They were probably just intimidated, because you seemed bat shit crazy. High maintenance. Demanding. Irritating. Nice I'm sure... But mental nonetheless. 

She's had a lot of flack for this new look - people telling her she looks manly. She says she doesn't give a shit.

My respect for Jodie has increased dramatically over the last 2 days. I used to see her as a completely good for nothing, boring slapper. (I don't sugarcoat.) However - she has done something I think most people should have a go at - no not body building - she has changed her outlook, her attitude and her life completely. Her new look may not be for everyone - but she seems so happy and confident with it that it makes her personality a million more times appealing. I almost think I could actually get on with New Jodie. She loves her new body. She has achieved it through, in her words 'bloody hard work and nothing else' and while it may not be everyone's idea of a good time, it shows incredible strength of character. She says that before body building she was depressed and suicidal - and now she feels at peace with herself, and is getting attention from men like never before.

What more can I say. It's not your new look that is bringing you the attention from the men my love - it's your new found confidence, dedication and happiness. It says a lot about you that you can work so hard to achieve so much in such a short amount of time - a lot of people may see it as shallow, a waste of energy -whatever. I see it as a very sad woman doing something for herself to change her own life - no matter what people say about her. She is finally getting attention because SHE is happy with HERSELF, not because she is conforming to some bizarre stereotype of 'an attractive woman'. And she doesn't give a shit what the tabloids and critics say about her, which is so refreshing.

Well done Jodie. Keep it up. Keep making yourself happy. I'm not saying everyone should become a bodybuilder - but everyone should be willing to put hard work into making themselves happier, and improving their life - whatever their appearance. 






No comments:

Post a Comment