Sunday 9 October 2011

Yummy yummy yummy I've got banana loaf cake in my tummy...

Cake is my downfall in every way, it is the reason I can't under any circumstances get under 10 stone, it is responsible for the piles of washing up that I can't be bothered to do... Take care with this cake, it is evil and delicious and while I think everyone should bake this one at least once, it is SO evil and delicious that you might not be able to stop yourself from devouring the whole thing. Just sayin'. 

You will need:

4oz Butter
4oz Sugar (I used a mixture of caster and brown, you can use whatever you like best)
2 Eggs
8oz Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Golden Syrup (optional)
3-4 very ripe Bananas
145g Raisins (optional - can also be substituted with chocolate chips if you'd prefer...)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a large loaf tin.

Cream together butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs.

Mash 3 bananas and slice one, and gently stir into the butter, sugar and eggs mixture.

Add the raisins and the golden syrup.

Sift in the flour, bicarb and cinnamon and fold in gently until completely combined.

Pour into your loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes

Enjoy the baking smells... While this was baking my fiancee asked me if we could live in a banana loaf cake. It smells THAT good.

When it's cooked, let it cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes and then move onto a cooling rack. 

EAT IT.


Mine looks like this...
Yes. This is the piece I just ate for my breakfast. No joke. Well it has fruit in it, it's pretty much healthy... Right?! It has got to be better for me than the Alpen with gone off milk I ate yesterday morning.






3 comments:

  1. I am waiting for the delivery of some new jeans and if they do not fit me I am holding you (and this delicious cake) responsible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Just. Can't. Stop. Eating. Cake. HELP ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks so good! I can go without choc etc. but cake I cannot. I purchased the hummingbird bakery cookery book not so long ago...bit dangerous lol xx

    ReplyDelete